The intermediate department is a place to transition between the primary grades and the middle school. By the time our students leave sixth grade, they have learned how to study, be better organized, be independent learners and readers, and create learning tools such as documents, videos, and presentations.
- Reading / Language Arts
- 4th - Alabama history
- 5th - American history
- 6th - World history
- Foreign language instruction by highly qualified teachers
- French for 4th grade
- Latin for 5th and 6th grades
- Weekly art and music lessons
- PE classes daily
- Music and drama performances
- Technology classes to learn ethical and proper use of computers and other devices; to create documents, presentations, and videos; to learn how to use technology in many ways to enhance learning and create cross-curricular projects; to learn presentation skills
Other Enrichment Activities
Examples of Culminating Events and Projects
Examples of Field Trips,
Special Projects and Activities, and Community Service
All lower school students have access to:
- After-school childcare provided by the YMCA in the lower school building until 5:30 PM.
- Private music lessons in piano, strings, guitar, voice are available on our campus during the school day. Over 30% of our students take advantage of these lessons.
- Bus service is available daily to and from Talladega, Lincoln, and Riverside